Top 10 tips for gorgeous hair this summer
As the sun comes out and we settle into the summer months there are more reasons why you will be looking to maintain gorgeous hair. Read on to discover ten tips to keep your hair looking gorgeous from using tea tree oil for hair care to how to wash and dry your hair.
Top 10 tips for hair care this summer
With family barbeques, evenings out with friends and more on the cards, you’ll need your hair to look great, so you can style it and look fabulous every time you leave the house. Here are our top ten tips to achieve healthy, gorgeous hair throughout the summer.
- Use oils like tea tree oil for hair care. There are so many reasons oils can help keep your hair looking fabulous. These include:
- Moisturising your scalp and hair to prevent a build-up of excess oils so your hair looks less greasy.
- Soothing dry, itchy skin to treat conditions such as dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Contrary to what you may believe, this actually causes your hair to become greasier due to stripping away your natural oils. This results in your scalp over producing the oils to compensate.
- Don’t forget to condition your hair. Rubbing coconut oil into the ends of your hair is a great way to smooth, de-frizz, and moisturize your hair, as well as offering the perfect detangling product after washing.
- Always cover your head. Using a scarf or hat not only gives you that all important UV protection but also allows your scalp to maintain its natural oils and prevent dry, itchy skin.
- Use a comb instead of a brush. If your hair is wet, it is in its weakest state. This means it could be easily damaged by using a brush. Instead use a wide tooth comb.
- As the weather is warmer, avoid blow drying! Heat treatments are a quick way to style your hair but can cause lasting damage. Instead, allow your hair to air dry.
- Use loose, comfortable hair styles. A messy braid is the ideal choice as it not only gives you an element of control over your hair but also protection against the sun. Tight styles can pull or tear your hair, especially during the dry summer months.
- Add extra UV protection with sun cream. After rubbing sun cream on your skin, run your hands through your hair to add a quick layer of protection.
- Shower before going into a pool. Wetting your hair under a shower or tap before jumping in for a swim will help protect your hair from damage caused by chlorine.
- Drink more water. Not only is this really good for your health, but also for your hair. Water is needed to keep your scalp and hair hydrated, and drinking more of it will lead to gorgeous, healthy hair from start to finish of the summer season.
With our guide to using tea tree oil for hair care and keeping a good hair routine you can be sure to have luscious locks all summer long.